From 26 to 28 October training on "Organization and provision of palliative care" was held in training center . The training was conducted CF “Mother Teresa” with the support of the programme “Public health” of International Fund “Renaissance”.
Representatives of public organization "Eleos-Ukraine", specialty - doctors, nurses, social workers, lawyers, chaplains, clergy and volunteers who come from such cities of Kiev, Mariupol, Lugansk region, Belovodsk, Lugansk, Cherkasy, Dubno - were trained.
17 people received certificates. The participants visited the adult and children's hospices and visiting/consulting Department of Palliative Care Center.
The list of topics that have been on the training:
- basic principles of palliative care;
- the philosophy of palliative care;
- palliative care for adults and children (anesthesia, communication, family support);
- peculiarities of circulation of narcotic substances for medical sphere of Ukraine;
- organization of palliative care: inpatient and outreach services;
- using tablets of morphine; the schema definition of anesthesia;
- prevention of professional burnout syndrome;
- psychological and spiritual support of the patient and family.