From 05 to 09 December training on "Organization and provision of palliative care for adults and children" was held in training center . The training was conducted BF “Mother Teresa” with the support of the programme “Public health” International Fund “Revival”.
Therapists, family doctors, oncologists, pediatricians, hematologists, healthcare institutions, offices, palliative care and hospices, children's homes of Kharkov, Chernigov B. M. Khmelnytsky and Ivano-Frankivsk were trained.
22 people received certificates. The participants visited the adult and children's hospices and visiting/consulting Department of Palliative Care Center.
The list of topics that have been on the training:
- basic principles of palliative care;
- the philosophy of palliative care;
- palliative care for adults and children (anesthesia, communication, family support);
- peculiarities of circulation of narcotic substances for medical sphere of Ukraine;
- organization of palliative care: inpatient and outreach services;
- using tablets of morphine; the schema definition of anesthesia;
- prevention of professional burnout syndrome;
- psychological and spiritual support of the patient and family.